To do and discover
The tourist office in Aalborg keeps an updated page :
Facebook has some great pages about events and things happening in Aalborg:
- Lindholm Høje Viking museum and burial site (more details here)
- The historical museum of Northern Jutland
An insight of Denmark for tourists can be found on : www.visitdenmark.com
A focus on the surroundings of Aalborg here , or on www.visitnordjylland.com. Skagen and the sandy northern part of Jutland are definitely worth a visit.
If you want to discover more about the Vikings, you may like to give a look at www.vikingdenmark.com
Travelling through Denmark
- Public transportation : www.rejseplanen.dk provides an efficient interface to planning your trip around Denmark, considering most of the transportation means available.
- Car-pooling : www.gomore.dk
- Interior flights : www.sas.dk and www.norwegian.com (both offer interesting discounts for travellers below 26)
When using public transportation, it is highly recommended to get a Rejsekort that can be used conveniently all around the country.